Sunday, December 11, 2011

holiday threats

There are a few things I LOVE about this time of year. the way my decorations hide all of the finger prints and crayon marks on the walls. the way it's perfectly acceptable to overindulge on all things artery clogging. watching my bank account bleed to death. you know, normal things. but the one thing I'm loving most this year is the amount fear that one little statement can instill in a pair of young people.

It's actually phenomenal, and I'll be sad when Christmas is over. It put an instant stop to the running around and grabbing random drinks out of the cooler at the bagel shop last weekend. It gets the toys cleaned up before bed time, it gets the carrots eaten at dinner. It's the ultimate go-to threat, and not one ounce of me is afraid to use it. Telling me you'll never get dressed? That your dinner looks gross? That your brother hit you in the face? Ok. That's fine. Cuz we all know what's about to happen. I'M CALLING SANTA. and wanna knows what he brings boys who do bad listening? nothing but clothes. bwahahahaahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment